Gateway to the Australian outback, many visitors to Alice Springs just pass through on their way to the next destination, but there are some great things to do and see if you extend your stay.
1. Start with a coffee in The Goods Coffee Shop next door to the cinema on Todd Street.
2. Visit the School of the Air to see teachers broadcasting lessons to over 100 school children in remote parts of the Northern Territory and find out how it all started in the 1950s.
3. Go to the Yuba Napa Art Gallery and gift shop to see local Aboriginal artists at work, peruse an extensive range of art and gifts for sale and learn about the history of the region’s artists.
4. Take a tour of the Alice Springs Desert Park to learn about the plants, animals and people of Australia’s central deserts.
5. Drop into the Lone Dingo to pick up last minute trekking gear.
6. Have a beer and a burger at the Epilogue Lounge.
7. Walk to the top of Anzac Hill to see the sunset.
8. Book dinner at the pan-Asian Hanuman Restaurant in the foyer of the Doubletree Hilton Hotel.
If you need accommodation in a hotel or apartment, try out Booking.com where you can book rooms with free, easy cancellation.
Save or print your pocket list
Ever get to a destination with recommendations from friends sitting in notes on your phone, on a text message, in an email, or worst of all…in your head? You can’t find where you put it. You’re trying to avoid using data so you can’t google it. You wish you’d printed it at home.
Enter the app you’ve been looking for: Pocket. Just download it to your phone, save this article and you can read it offline wherever you are.
Don’t have your phone? Go to the hotel computer, login online and print.